Thursday, February 28, 2008

good morning world

i was a bit late for work this morning because i was out drinking and dancing and being foolish until 3 a.m. i missed my bus and was waiting downtown, willing my hangover to lift and depart, when i saw a man in a bus shelter drink an entire bottle of mouthwash in one, desperate chug. i nearly cried.

its always fun to read your text message history the morning after a night of ridiculousness. my last text message to my friend Nate, which I must have sent in my sleep, said simply "Might nasdan." What do you think I was trying to say?

5 comments:

Erin said...

"Night Nathan," for sure.

Well, if Nate is short for Nathan and he's not like my brother whose name is just Chris, not Christopher.

margaret said...

maybe i meant to say "nadsat" and was about to say something profound about the clockwork orange? but this may be a stretch.

Erin said...

Well, we can pretend. I think that predictive text messaging is sort of the best thing ever. Anything that produces the brilliance of "I'd do him roadside" is all good with me. (Of course, what I was actually trying to write, "I'd do him sober," is perhaps only slightly less scandalous.)

tara said...

i love it when predictive texting goes wrong!

it's funny -- people are always amazed at how clear my drunk text messages are. but if not for predictive texting i'm sure they'd all come out like iewursdknxv?

were you texting me good night too? i wouldn't know cause for some mysterious reason i gave my phone to christoph. i love those random ridiculous nights.

margaret said...

how the hell did i end across town alone when you were all downtown eating pizza? magic?